Levels for Surf Program:
Level 1 – Beginners:
For beginners and intermediate surfers. This level will build on foundations and make surfers more comfortable paddling out past the break, learning how to read and catch easy waves.
Beginner Intro Includes:
– A short history of surfing
– Introduction to Surf gear
– The local region geography / How to find the best spots and be safe
– Learn about tides, currents and waves
Areas of Focus:
– Body position, how to paddle, sit and turn
– Mastering the white water
– Basic Techniques on the white water (first waves)
– Learn about the Take off
– Take off practice on the white water
– Turning your board on the white water
– First approach on surfing unbroken waves
Level 2 – Intermediate Surfers:
Enhancing what you already know as a surfer or work on previous beginner skills.
– Work on skills developed on your first couple of days
– Improving your current paddling techniques
– Understand the correct position in the line-up to surf the best wave
– Understand rules of the line up
– Learn more about the shape, size and direction of the wave
– Practice paddling into the wave
– Learn how to take-off on unbroken waves and master turning
– Toe-side and back-side surfing
– Trimming (how to get speed)
– Intro to advanced surfing techniques
Level 3 – Advanced surfers
Advanced surfers at the Evolve Teen Surf Camp should be able to catch waves, be super comfortable on the water and be able to turn.
We will help advanced surfers with:
– Practice the surfing line: trimming, bottom turn, top turn
– Advanced tricks like tube ridding, cut back, off the lip and floater.